Regular Meeting called to order at 12:00 p.m. by Chairman Vaughan with Trustees Dunn and Michael and Fiscal Officer Cofojohn present.
Vice Chairman Dunn led all in attendance in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Minutes from regular meeting on September 14, 2021 were approved as presented.
RESOLUTION #2021-169: Motion by Vaughan to approve and pay the bills, seconded by Dunn.
BILLS APPROVED AND PAID:
|EFT||LOVES TRAVEL STOPS||FUEL PURCHASES||199.83|
|24998||RICKY D BENNETT||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||483.32|
|24999||R. STEVEN COSS JR||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||1,875.16|
|25000||TIMOTHY KOHL||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||546.72|
|25001||MARK E. GARVIN||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||2,342.04|
|25002||MITCHELL R GRAF||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||408.39|
|25003||GREYSON C HENDERSON||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||574.50|
|25004||NICHOLAS R LANSINGER||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||345.19|
|25005||MARLIANA LEWIS||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||181.99|
|25006||ANTHONY POPIO||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||462.72|
|25007||JENNIFER STANAITIS||WAGES 09/01/21-09/15/21||163.95|
|25008||VERIZON WIRELESS||MONTHLY SERVICE||7.04|
|25009||TIME WARNER CABLE||MONTHLY SERVICE||94.99|
|25010||OHIO EDISON||MONTHLY SERVICE||1,105.00|
|25011||FARMERS NATIONAL BANK||VISA PURCHASES||1,454.79|
|25012||KOKOSING MATERIALS INC||ROAD SUPPLIES||574.72|
|25013||COPLEY OHIO NEWSPAPERS||SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE 8/20/21||22.00|
|25014||SAFELITE FULLFILLMENT INC||REPAIRS 2011||289.97|
|25015||FIRE FORCE INC||TURNOUT BOOTS||970.00|
|25016||POSTER COMPLIANCE CENTER||1 YR SERVICE||62.95|
|25017||TED A. BIERY/BIERY GARAGE DOORS||STATION REPAIRS||975.00|
|25018||D & T P M & TRUCK REPAIR LLC||ANNUAL PUMP TEST 2013||200.00|
|25019||SUB-AQUATICS INC/BREATHING AIR SYSTEMS||SEMI ANNUAL MAINTENANCE AGMT||669.50|
|25020||H. LULI CONSTRUCTION COMPANY||2021 CHIP SEAL WHIP SECTONS B D & E||33,800.00|
- Reported need to amend permanent appropriations within general fund.
RESOLUTION #2021-170: Motion by Dunn to amend permanent appropriations within general fund as follows increase 1000-410-190 by $4,000 and decrease 1000-410-211 by 1,200 and 1000-410-213 by $200 and 1000-410-323 by $200 and 1000-410-351 by $400 and 1000-410-430 by $2,000, seconded by Vaughan.
Roll Call: Dunn-yes, Vaughan-yes, Michael-yes.
- Briefly discussed ODOT Township Roads Stimulus grant. Steve is working on the grant.
- Nothing to report at this time.
- Reported the Portage County Sherriff’s office would like to have a Trunk or Treat at the Park 10/23/21.
- Reported a number of emails are coming in regarding the public hearing zoning resolution amendment. Responding to encourage people to show up at the hearing to voice their concerns.
- Written report presented.
- Chris Sutcliff as present to voice his concerns regarding zoning violation letters he has received for property located at 4064 SR 225. He reported he has addressed the issues and would prefer a phone call the next time there is an issue.
ROAD SUPERVISOR (not present)
- No written report presented.
- Written report presented which included department updates and purchase requests.
RESOLUTION #2021-171: Motion by Vaughan to approve renewal of Active 911 at an estimated cost of $390 and semi-annual maintenance of air trailer at an estimated cost of $669.50 and repair door at an estimated cost of $975 from Biery Garage Doors and towing of 2011 at an estimated cost of $250 and purchase a new lockset at an estimated cost of $552 from American Lockset and copy paper at an estimated cost of $35, seconded by Michael.
Roll Call: Vaughan-yes, Michael-yes, Dunn-yes.
Terry Mott asked why they are not trying to rezone 5 acres vs. almost 3 acres of property for Dollar General. Trustee Michael responded there is a public hearing on 10/7/21 at 7pm to discuss rezoning of property.
RESOLUTION #21-172: Motion by Michael to adjourn at 1:01 p.m., seconded by Vaughan.
Roll Call: Michael-yes, Vaughan-yes, Dunn-yes.
Bradley Vaughan, Chairperson Kathleen S. Cofojohn, Fiscal Officer
Robert Dunn, Trustee Henry Michael, Trustee